Spouse Adjustment of Status Application Review
Are you comfortable preparing your own adjustment of status application, but would like the extra confidence of having an immigration lawyer review your application before you submit it to the government?
Our adjustment of status application review service is an excellent option if you just want someone to review the application that you have prepared on your own. With this service, you will prepare your application on your own and one of our immigration lawyers will review it before you submit it to the government.
As part of this review, within two business days we will prepare a written report that details our recommendations and observations related to your application. You will also have the opportunity to ask one of our immigration lawyers your questions about your application, the written report and the adjustment of status process during a review appointment of up to 45 minutes in length.
Need your report faster than two business days? Let us know and we will expedite your review if possible.
Steps In The Adjustment of Status Review Service
Step 1 – Prepare Your Adjustment of Status Package
Step 2 – Sign Up For Your Application Review Appointment
Step 3 – Pay The Fee For The Adjustment of Status Review Service
Step 4 – Submit A Copy Of Your Adjustment of Status Application To Us For Review
Step 5 – Attend Review Appointment
What To Submit To Us
The adjustment of status package that you submit to us for review should include copies of the following items for cases where a United States citizen is petitioning for a spouse:
- Completed I-130 form or I-130 receipt or approval notice if it has already been submitted
- Completed I-130A form if I-130 has not been submitted
- Completed I-485 form
- Completed I-765 form
- Completed I-131 form
- Completed I-864 form
- Passport photos of the petitioner
- Passport photos of the person applying for a green card
- Proof that the petitioner is a United States citizen
- Birth certificate of the person applying for a green card
- Marriage certificate
- If the petitioner has ever been married in the past, proof that the prior marriages have ended
- If the applicant has ever been married in the past, proof that the prior marriages have ended
- Evidence showing that your marriage is bona fide
- Petitioner’s most recent tax return, including any schedules, W2 forms and 1099 forms
- Applicant’s passport photo information page
- Applicant’s visa stamp and passport entry stamp (if any)
- Applicant’s I-94 card (if any)
- Other proof of lawful entry or exception to lawful entry requirement (if applicable)
- Copy of your payment for the I-485 filing fee (if you’d like us to confirm your payment is correct)
- Copy of your payment for the I-130 filing fee (if you’d like us to confirm your payment is correct)
Options For Submitting Your Adjustment of Status Application Package To Us
You can submit a copy of your completed application to us using one of the following options:
The confirmation email you receive after signing up for the Review Service will include a link that will allow you to upload your adjustment of status application package to us.
The confirmation email you receive after signing up for the Review Service will include an email address where you can send a copy of your adjustment of status application package.
You can also fax a copy of your application to us at (208) 810-4859.
You can drop off or mail a copy of your application to our Boise, Idaho office located at:
Schaefer Law Firm
702 W Idaho St, #1100
Boise, ID 83702
SPECIAL NOTE: IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE A COPY OF YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE AT LEAST TWO BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED APPLICATION REVIEW APPOINTMENT, IT MAY BE NECESSARY TO RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
If you need your adjustment of status application to be reviewed more quickly than two business days, or if there are no available review appointments that work with your schedule, please contact us to see if we can expedite the review of your application. If we are able to expedite the review of your application, there will be an expedite fee of $100.