Adjustment of Status Application Review Agreement
Overview of the Adjustment of Status Application Review Service
The Adjustment of Status Application Review Service (the “Review Service”) is a limited legal service. The Review Service is limited to the work described in the “What Is Included” section.
By limiting the scope of the legal services provided as part of the Review Service, we are able to provide you with just the services listed below, while keeping the fee for our services at a reasonable rate. This means that we will only be assisting you with part of your case and you will be doing part of your case on your own.
What Is Included
As part of the Review Service, a Schaefer Law Firm immigration attorney will conduct and in-depth review of the adjustment of status application package that you have completed on your own. After reviewing the application package, the attorney will prepare a written report with recommendations or suggestions related to your application. After the attorney completes the written report, it will be forwarded to you so that you can review it.
The Review Service also includes an appointment with a Schaefer Law Firm immigration attorney after the completed written report has been forwarded to you. The appointment will be scheduled for up to 45 minutes. During this appointment, you will be able to discuss your application, the application review report, and the adjustment of status process with the attorney.
The application review and the written report will be limited to the information that you provide to us. We will assume that the information you provide to us is factually correct and will not conduct an independent investigation of the information that you provide to us.
What Is Not Included
To help clarify what is included in the Review Service, we would like to highlight some of the tasks that are not included in the Review Service:
- Ongoing legal consultations or assistance with your case after the completion of the application review appointment
- Ongoing access to Schaefer Law Firm attorneys to ask questions
- Updates or advice on changes in immigration law that could impact your case
- Assistance with any Requests for Evidence or other correspondence from USCIS
- Assistance with correcting or updating your application forms or supporting documents
- Analysis of complex legal issues such as the immigration consequences of criminal convictions or how past immigration violations may impact your options
- Interview preparation or attendance at your adjustment of status interviews
Submission Of Adjustment of Status Application For Review
As part of the Review Service, you will prepare your adjustment of status application. When you believe that it is ready to be submitted to the government, you will send a copy to us to review.
You can submit a copy of your completed application to us using one of the following options:
The confirmation email you receive after signing up for the Review Service will include a link that will allow you to upload your adjustment of status application package to us.
The confirmation email you receive after signing up for the Review Service will include an email address where you can send a copy of your adjustment of status application package.
You can also fax a copy of your application to us at (208) 810-4859.
You can drop off or mail a copy of your application to our Boise, Idaho office located at:
Schaefer Law Firm
702 W Idaho St, #1100
Boise, ID 83702
SPECIAL NOTE: IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE A COPY OF YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE AT LEAST TWO BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED APPLICATION REVIEW APPOINTMENT, IT MAY BE NECESSARY TO RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
If you need your adjustment of status application to be reviewed more quickly than two business days, or if there are no available review appointments that work with your schedule, please contact us to see if we can expedite the review of your application.
The review of your adjustment of status application package will not begin before payment is received. If we do not receive your payment at least two business days before your scheduled application review appointment, it may be necessary to reschedule your appointment.
If payment is not made when you schedule your application review appointment, you will find information for paying the fee for the Review Service in your confirmation email.
If you contact us before we have completed the review of your adjustment of status application package, we will provide you with a refund based on how much work we have already completed as part of the Review Service. We will provide you with a refund of any fees you have paid to us, less an amount calculated based on how much time we have spent working on your case, charged at our normal hourly rate of $300 per hour. No refunds will be given after the written report has been completed.
The Schaefer Law Firm will observe strict confidentiality in relation to all information and documents shared with it as part of the Review Service.
We guarantee that one of our immigration attorneys will conduct an in-depth review of the adjustment of status application package that you submit to us. We guarantee that we will use our best professional judgment in the review of your adjustment of status application package.
However, we cannot guarantee that your adjustment of status application will be approved by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). There are several reasons why it is impossible for us to guarantee that your application will be approved:
- Immigration law and policies change on a frequent basis. Because we have no control over potential changes in the law or immigration policies, we cannot guarantee that there won’t be any future changes that could impact the outcome of your case. As part of the Review Service, however, we will advise you as to whether we are aware of any potential changes in laws or policies that could impact your case.
- We have no control or influence over the decisions made by USCIS immigration officers. Therefore, it is impossible for us to guarantee what decision they will make.
- Sometimes new issues in your situation or qualifications for adjustment of status will come up after we have completed our review of your application. This makes it impossible for us to guarantee what decision USCIS will make on your case.
- We can only advise you based on the information included in the package you submit to us for review. There may be information that is not included in your package or that you do not advise us about. Immigration law is very fact specific, so even small omissions in the information we have available to review could make an important difference in your case.